Thursday, July 14, 2005

Working For The Weekender

The weekender edition now starts on Thursday. That makes it Thursday through Monday; a TM schedule. Two more days, and it’ll be the whole week.

In the jungle,
In the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

I wing a WEP, I wing a WEP,
I wing a WEP, I wing a WEP,
I wing a WEP, I wing a WEP,
I wing a WEP, I wing a WEP

In the jungle,
In the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post,
I wing a weekender Post


Om Sri Angarakaya Namaha


Cops Can't Rant

There's a story about a NYPD cop that got fired for having a web site for cops to rant about their job. He says he's gonna sue for violation of first ammendment rights and file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. More power to you buddy!

I wonder if the Denver Newspaper Agency, publisher of the Denver Post and Rocky Mountain News, knows that I use this blog to point out all the stupidity of running a paper route. I wonder if I would get fired for pointing out that they pull shenanigans like changing all their weekender subscribers from a four-day schedule to a five-day schedule just to artificially boost their distribution numbers and get more revenue from their advertisers. I wonder if I did get fired, if I could get pull off a successful lawsuit. Not likely, in Colorado, an "Employment At Will" state. Not likely, working as contract labor. I wonder how many people, if any, actually read this blog. Like the owl and the tootsie pop, "The world may never know."

Survey time. Leave a comment if you read this, and it means anything to you. Just one word, yes or no: would I be justified in suing if I got fired for having this blog?

Om Sri Angarakaya Namaha

No comments: