Monday, March 21, 2005

Toner Mishap

Toner Mishap
"All the news upon which it's fit to comment"

That's a play on the New York Time's motto,
"All the news that's fit to print"

15 of my customers get the New York Times every day; 32 on Sunday. Once, someone got a double subscription, 'cause the nosepickers downtown don't know how to handle an early vacation return restart. The guy called in a "memo stop", which means the nosepickers downtown still couldn't figure out why he wants to stop delivery, but he still wants (one copy only of) the paper. So, they put in a memo, saying "only deliver one paper here", and left both subscriptions on my route. I ended up taking the extra NY Times home every day. I told a friend, Bob, about this. Bob asked if he could have it, so I dropped it off at his driveway every day.

The NY Times has a more global perspective on the news than the Denver Post. The one that I read had an article about China's leader changing. You don't find articles like that in the local newspaper. We're so isolated from everything outside our own county, or even our own hometown sometimes, that people lose touch with what's really happening in the world.

No comments: